Staff development is an integral part of the institution/department/program strategic planning process.
Being an associate member of Nova Univerza Slovenia, enhances ESLG’s staff development strategic planning process.
The staff development usually occurs with the great assistance of Nova Univerza.
According to Agreement on Associate Membership of College ESLG at Nova Univerza, all the academic staff can be habilitated and receive academic titles at Nova Univerza.
The quantitative and qualitative standards for academic titles are regulated by Nova Univerza Habilitation Rules, which are highly more advanced than academic title promotion rules of any public university in Kosovo, in terms of both quantity of publications and quality of publications.
The comparison between quality standards for promotion to higher academic titles between ESLG and public universities is as follows:
- 3 impact factor peer-to-peer review publications are required for Assistant Professor at College ESLG/Nova Univerza versus 1 publication at public universities in Kosovo;
- 7 impact factor peer-to-peer review publications are required for Associate Professor at College ESLG/Nova Univerza versus 3 publications at public univestities in Kosovo;
- 14 impact factor peer-to-peer review publications are required for Full Professor at College ESLG/Nova Univerza versus 5 publications at public universities in Kosovo;
Under Habilitation Rules, pedagogical skills are given also important weight and are linked with student satisfaction surveys. Student's voice is very important in assigning points to the candidate under pedagogical activity.
In addition to Nova Univerza Habilitation Rules, College ESLG has adopted its internal Regulation on Standards for Election into Higher Academic Titles.
According to its own regulation, College ESLG can issue the following academic titles:
- Professor equivalent to Associate Professor, for which at least 7 publications are required, 4 of which in journals indexed in Web of Science or Scopus or ESBCO or WorldCat or DOAJ;
- Assistant Professor, for which at least 3 publications are required, 1 of which in journals indexed in Web of Science or Scopus or ESBCO or WorldCat or DOAJ;
The sample advancement decisions of academic staff of College ESLG according to ESLG are presented as follows:
Academic staff is also given sufficient say to develop the advancement plan at College ESLG. This takes place via Individual Development Plan of each professor, in which professor outlines the goals for further development in pedagogy, research, and innovation, which takes place after an individual Self-Appraisal of Staff.
The staff development at the institutional level takes place in accordance with the Staff Development Plan 2021-2026 of College ESLG.
The overall staff development at the program level occurs via Staff Development at program level. The Bachelor Program Staff Development Plan sometimes differ from Master Program Staff Development Plan.
The appraisal of staff takes place in accordance with the Staff Appraisal and Development Policy of College ESLG.
The staff that does not receive favorable satisfaction rates by students in both quantitative Student Surveys and qualitative Student Hearings are given an opportunity to develop themselves through Pedagogical and Other Trainings with special emphasis on digital skills. Also, other staff receives various trainings on pedagogical and digital skills. The training report of academic staff can be found here.
College ESLG is very proud to cooperate with Ohio Northern University in receiving Training for Academic staff on Socratic Methods of Teaching