Frequently asked questions
1. What is the number of students applying for studies in your program?
At the bachelor's and master's level, hundreds of candidates apply, but only 50-70 candidates manage to meet the criteria for admission.
2. What should students expect from the program?
The program is contemporary with modern teaching methods where the focus is on the student.
Learning and assessment criteria are no different from those applied at European and American universities. This is at least acknowledged by ESLG graduates themselves who have continued their studies abroad.
Throughout the study, three main skills are developed:
• Analytical skills and problem solving;
• Teamwork skills;
• Research skills;
• Emotional intelligence;
All of these skills are 21st century skills. According to Forbes magazine, after researching Fortune 500 companies, corporate managers pointed out that emotional intelligence and teamwork skills are two main skills required for a modern 21st century professional.
Education in these programs is based on the achievement of competencies, skills and outcomes and not on the classical transfer of knowledge.
Students should expect that they should play an active and proactive role in designing the self-centered learning filled with the dose of social accountability.
3. Are there student evaluation criteria for admission? Is there a student registration commission? Are there statistics on the interest of students wishing to enroll in this program? What is the profile of students applying for the bachelor's program and who is the master's student?
Yes, the admission criteria are clearly defined by the Regulation on Admission and Transfer to Bachelor Studies and the Regulation on Admission and Transfer to Master Studies.
Admission criteria are published on the website and students are aware of this in advance. Also, the complaint procedure in case of non-acceptance is regulated and is transparent on the website of ESLG College to potential students.
At the bachelor level the average grade and points in the matura test are the main criteria and three types of decisions are offered: full admission, conditional admission and rejection. In case of conditional admission, applicants must undergo an admission test and an oral interview.
At the master's level, the key work experience is the candidate's work experience in the construction industry and real estate in a managerial position.
All admissions are made by a three-member Admissions Committee.
There are hundreds of interested parties applying for real estate management programs however only dozens of them manage to meet the admission criteria.
At the bachelor level, the profile of the candidates belongs to the socio-economic middle class. In recent years, candidates have mainly come from natural gymnasiums in various cities and from private schools such as Mehmet Akif, American School of Kosovo, and Prishtina High School.
At the master's level, the profile of candidates is graduates of technical faculties (architects, surveyors, civil engineers) but also graduates of law and economics faculties.
In recent years from 2016-2019, those admitted to the master's program have been mainly architects and engineers with a degree in architecture or a bachelor of architecture and construction, not excluding surveyors.
4. Is the flexible treatment of candidates with special needs and disabilities regulated?
ESLG College also provides for the admission of students with special needs and disabilities with the Regulation on Studies. Articles 282 to 289 of the Regulation on Studies regulate the flexible treatment of students with special needs and disabilities. Admission criteria are available in transparent form on the ESLG College website.
5. How important is the voice of the students?
Students have a key decision-making role in all College bodies such as the Senate, the Quality Commission, the Ethics Committee and other Committees, but in the past their voice has been represented in the management policies of the Management Board too.
6. How do students pay their annual financial obligation at ESLG College when their financial situation is known?
ESLG College bachelor students come from the socio-economic middle class and some also come from private high schools and have no problem paying for school. However, in order to reach out to excellent students in ESLG studies, ESLG College offers the opportunity to pay in installments and also offers merit-based scholarships and financial aid. Scholarships and financial aid are regulated by the Scholarship and Financial Aid Regulation.
Master's students are mainly architects, engineers and surveyors with annual income which multiples the average annual salary in Kosovo and have no problems financing their education. Also in the master studies, College offers scholarships and financial aid to excellent candidates, which is formalized with decisions on scholarships and financial aid.
7. How does the student organization work?
The student organization is called the Student Council. The ESLG College Student Council consists of a minimum of four members and a maximum of ten members elected from among the students of the Student Body where the term of office of the elected members of the Student Council lasts two years.
The work of the Student Council is regulated by the Rules of Procedure of the Student Council.
The election of the members of the Student Council is regulated by the Regulation on the Election of the Student Council.
8. How often the meetings of the Ethics and Disciplinary Commission are held?
Meetings of the Disciplinary and Ethics Commission both at the faculty level and the College are held on a case-by-case basis for violations of academic integrity, violations of research integrity, plagiarism and other violations provided by the Code of Ethics for Students, the Code of Ethics for Academic Staff.
9. If students have complaints, how do they express them?
ESLG College policy is an open door policy and students are at the center of attention. They can at any time file any complaint directly to the Rector by email or directly.
For admission issues, the candidate in the first instance submits a written complaint to the Admissions Committee in the email firstname.lastname@example.org while in the second instance to the Study Commission in email@example.com
For plagiarism, complaints and claims are sent by email to the Secretary of the College who further forwards them to the Ethics and Discipline Commission of the Faculty at the first level.
For various study issues related to the study aspects the requirements must be submitted in writing signed and scanned and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the College administration.
If the student wishes to file a complaint that the assessment procedure has not been carried out in accordance with the Rules for the Administration of Examinations, he / she must file a written complaint to the Vice Dean for Teaching in Administration or by email.
For general complaints students can make complaints at email@example.com
For complaints or claims related to breaches of research integrity by other students or professors, students may make them in writing to the Rector of ESLG College.
For complaints related to the improvement of quality in teaching or in general for the improvement of overall quality, they can be sent in writing to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints related to infringement or misconduct by other students or professors associated with the Code of Ethics for Students and the Code of Ethics for Academic Staff may be submitted anonymously to the College's complaint box or directly to the Ethics and Disciplinary Commission at email email@example.com
10. How important are diploma topics during studies? How do they relate to industry?
The diploma theses are the quality brochure of the College. ESLG College pays special attention to quality of diploma research and has many quality filters of control. The first quality filter at the content level is the mentor and additional tutors who provide their comments, the Thesis Review Commission and the Technical Control Office at ESLG and Slovenia at Nova Univerza.
All diploma theses are written in the thematic areas defined by the research plan of the respective program. Often in research projects that the College has with industry they are also written in areas of special interest to industry and other stakeholders.
11. What can be gained from studying at ESLG?
• Studies in unique programs that no one offers with high employment opportunities in promising sectors according to World Bank statistics. The alumni report proves this, which is transparent and published online;
• Modern studies with unique methods of student-centered teaching;
• Kosovo and Slovenian diplomas;
• Dedicated academic staff with professional, academic experience and with accentuated gender, ethnic and age diversity;
• Cooperation with universities such as NTNU, Nova University, Primorskas University and Graceland University;
• Excellent academic and research integrity;
12. What have past students benefited from studying at ESLG?
• Slovenian diplomas accepted anywhere in the world;
• ESLG students have won most of the master’s scholarships and have been the most excellent students according to Ohio Northern University professors based on the master scholarship scheme provided by the U.S. Department of State;
• Of the 40 scholarships, 10% of Young Cell Scheme scholarship recipients were ESLG students in 2019.
• 95% of master students are employed and promoted to career while 90% of bachelor students are employed where about 30% of students have developed their careers in managerial positions in the construction and infrastructure sector;
• 60% of license holders as real estate appraisers in Kosovo according to the Chairman of the Supervisory Board for Licensing Real Estate Appraisers are students or graduates of ESLG;
13. Questions about Internship Participation?
According to the survey with industry companies, real estate program students have been the students with the best team, analytical and research skills which contributed to increased business performance of construction and the real estate companies in which they worked.
14. Does ESLG College organize competitions?
ESLG College has organized competition on debating skills won by former student Andi Belegu, now President of the ESLG Alumni Club similar to those organized by Harvard University.
15. Are students divided into specializations in this program?
16. Do ESLG students fail the tests and is it the fault of the students or professors?
ESLG professors are committed to helping students achieve modern competencies and skills within continuous assessment by giving students as many different assignments as possible.
If students get stuck in completion of their assignments then additional tutors are assigned and also hearings are held with student who face learning difficulties and excellent ones where the good ones offer their best practices of acquiring skills by trying to transfer the best practices to students with problems.
17. What had you changed in your program?
Team projects in collaboration with industry professionals which are evaluated by a panel of eminent professors and industry representatives, a similar practice used at NTNU partner university.
18. Are students informed about regulations and the Code of Ethics?
Yes ESLG College is the most transparent College and all regulations, Code of Ethics, professor evaluations and meeting minutes are posted online. Also, the policy of academic integrity, the policy of prevention of plagiarism and the policy of integrity in research are online and are repeated to students from the beginning to the end of their studies.
At the beginning, an orientation session is held with students, which shows the main regulatory points of the Regulation on Studies, the Code of Ethics, etc.
19. Is there enough space to study?
YES. Also the very friendly staff and the sense of closeness of the staff and professors makes you feel an important part.
20. Do you hold activities, musical evenings?
YES. Alumni Club and the Student Council hold music evenings once a year and other activities several times a year as needed.
21. Does the library have enough books you need to study?
All books are in the interdisciplinary fields and there are special texts in English and Albanian in both the physical and electronic libraries. ESLG College students also have access to the Nova Univerza e-library based on the ESLG College Association Agreement with Nova Univerza.
22. Do students participate in conferences, seminars, trainings, whether they have been local or international?
Yes, the students have participated together with the professors in the International Conferences organized by ESLG College in cooperation with NTNU in the framework of the SEEB project in the past.
23. Why choose ESLG College for study?
Modern learning system, the possibility of obtaining a foreign diploma, unique programs in the most profitable sector in Kosovo.
24. What is the attendance of students in lectures?
25. What is the professor-student ratio?
1 professor for 5 students comparable with world renowned universities.
26. Is it possible for a student to refuse an exam grade?
This is regulated by examination appeal procedure which is transparent and accessible on the ESLG College website.
27. Are college students familiar with the diploma thesis regulations and how much do mentors collaborate with you on working on the diploma thesis research, how are you notified, in electronic form or in written form?
The regulation on the diploma theses is on the website in the study tab and diploma theses subsection of the website.
Also the procedure of drafting the diploma theses is explained and accessible online.
ESLG College in the last semester holds 15-week lectures on the preparation of the diploma thesis in addition to the subject of Academic Writing and Research Methods which is held in the first year.
The 15-week lectures fully explain the forms from the purpose of the study to the theoretical framework and literature review to the formulation of research questions, hypotheses, research design, selection of research method, research instrument, sampling and processing of quantitative data with SPSS or Qualitative data with QDA software (Qualitative Data Analysis), and presentation of results.
28. According to college regulations, how long one needs to prepare diploma thesis?
Upon completion of the last lecture semester, students also have an additional free year to complete the diploma thesis which is called the graduation year.
If students are unable to complete the diploma thesis within the graduation year, then they must once again repeat the ECTS credits of the diploma thesis by paying once again the credits of the diploma thesis.
This form is taken from New University in Slovenia and is implemented in order for students to complete the diploma thesis in time and the best form is to repeat and pay for ECTS credits again of diploma thesis for those students who do not complete in due time until the expiration of graduation year.