Frequently asked questions
1. In which conference does the ESLG staff publish his works?
• CIRRE Conference in which ESLG College is a member of the Scientific Committee along with many world universities such as NTNU, Saxion University of Applied Sciences Netherlands, Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena, Spain, Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway, Ljubljana University;
The CIRRE Conference is held every year in another country.
So far, the CIRRE Conference has been held at the University of Ljubljana (2016), the University of Cartagena in Spain (2017), the University of Groningen (Netherlands) (2018), the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Norway) (2019) and this year at the Saxion University of Applied Sciences (Netherlands) (2020).
• UBT Annual Conference which is the largest scientific conference in the region;
• World Building Congress;
2. Who organizes the Conferences in which ESLG staff participate?
• The CIRRE Conference is organized every year by institutions that are members of the Scientific Committee of the CIRRE Conference in cooperation with an international university.
• The UBT Conference is organized by UBT with an international editorial board Scientific Committee;
• The World Congress of Buildings is the largest congress of buildings in the world organized by the International Council for Research and Innovation in Buildings and Construction (CIB).
The CIB was established in 1953 as an Association whose goal is to facilitate international cooperation between government research institutes in the construction sector and buildings. The CIB now consists of 3,000 experts and 300 member organizations, including many world-renowned research institutes such as the University of California Berkley, MIT, Hong Kong University, NTNU, etc.
3. Is there a board that controls the proceedings of the Conference, as well as the staff that participates, is it local or are there experts from abroad?
The Editorial Board of the CIRRE Conference is the International Editorial Board led by the renowned professor of NTNU Prof. Dr. Alenka Temeljotov Salaj with Slovenian origin.
4. Are these works published in any of the most popular European journals?
The publications are published in well-known journals such as Facilities, Facilities Management, Journal of Property Management, International Journal of Building Pathology and Adaptation, Energy and Buildings, and also in the formal journal of New University called Dignitas.
5. In what language is the Conference held?
The CIRRE Conference is held in English. Annual UBT Conference in Albanian and English and World Building Congress in English.
6. Where do you get funding for scientific research?
Research funding occurs in the following forms:
- External research grants (SEEB project / HERD Program and OSCAR project)
- Internal research grants, which make up 15% of the institutional budget;
- commercialization of research results for the private sector (Kosovo Real Estate Market Study for ProCredit Bank);
- grants for submission for the CIRRE Conference
- travel support at the CIRRE conference;
- University study assistance for the publication of research articles in scientific journals with impact factors such as Facilities and Journal of Property Management;
7. Where is the research funding spent?
The research spending takes place as follows:
a. Participation in the CIRRE conference;
b. Participation in conferences at the regional level;
c. Participation in international conferences such as the World Building Congress;
d. Access to research platforms;
e. Publication in journals with international impact factor;
f. Young Researcher Support Grant;
g. Lead Scholar Development Support Grant;
Under the Young Researcher Grant Support three high impact factor journal articles were published in 2019 as presented below:
- HOXHA, Visar, and SHALA, Fjolla, "The benefits and challenges of sustainable buildings in Prishtina, Kosovo", Facilities , 2019, Vol. 37 No. 13/14, pp. 1118-1152. https://doi.org/10.1108/F-08-2018-0097
- HOXHA, Visar and SADIKU, Sara, “Study of factors influencing the decision to adopt the blockchain technology in real estate transactions in Kosovo”, Journal of Property Management, 2019, Vol. 37 No. 5, pp. 684-700, https://doi.org/10.1108/PM-01-2019-0002
- HOXHA, Visar and ZEQIRAJ, Emblema, “The impact of Generation Z in the intention to purchase real estate in Kosovo”, Journal of Property Management, 2019, Vol. 38 No. 1, pp. 1-24, https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/PM-12-2018-0060/full/html
Four promising young researchers have availed of the Young Researcher Support Grant such as Sara Sadiku, Emblema Zeqiraj, Fjolla Shala and Mendim Blakaj.
8. Are students engaged in scientific work?
Yes, students serve as research assistants to professors in their research projects, but also students are involved in the research projects of the College, especially those related to the commercialization of research services such as Kosovo Real Estate Market Study for the ProCredit bank in which they were involved. students especially in data collection.
Students at the master's level are involved all the time in research-based teaching so their joint work often results in publications in scientific journals.
Example: Involvement of research assistant Fjolla Shala in the publication
- HOXHA, Visar, and SHALA, Fjolla, "The benefits and challenges of sustainable buildings in Prishtina, Kosovo", Facilities, 2019, Vol. 37 No. 13/14, pp. 1118-1152. https://doi.org/10.1108/F-08-2018-0097
9. Does ESLG have a research integrity policy?
ESLG College is very strict in terms of research integrity. Even in teaching while giving essays and research assignments, the research assignments are checked and commented twice by the course professors in addition to the technical control of plagiarism.
ESLG College's Research Integrity is regulated by the ESLG College's Integrity Research Policy, which is published online, which defines the following aspects:
• obligations and responsibilities of researcher community at College ESLG;
• misconduct in research, which defined separately also in the Academic Integrity Policy of College ESLG;
• procedures that must be initiated when there is reasonable grounds to suspect of misconduct in research;
10. How does ESLG College prevent plagiarism?
ESLG College has clear plagiarism prevention strategies and Plagiarism Prevention and Educative Policy published online at the top of the page in the About US section. This shows how important it is to let all stakeholders know that ESLG College has a zero-tolerance towards violations of academic integrity, violations of research integrity and plagiarism.
Some of the rules for plagiarism are:
- For plagiarism up to 10%, first and second year students receive a warning, while third year students receive a cancellation of the grade;
- For plagiarism up to 20% of first year students accept the cancellation of the grade and the opportunity to re-submit their research work, while second and third year students do not enjoy the opportunity to re-submit the work but must repeat the course.
Third-year students accept the cancellation of the grade and must repeat the course and attend a citation and reference training.
In 2019-2020, this training was given by the lecturer Edin Murati.
For master students, ESLG College is committed to referring all cases of plagiarism to hearings at the Ethics and Disciplinary Commission.